Missed the sunset + Updated with sunset days later

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
I went out to get a Sunset while I was on Holiday and I missed it by about 5 minutes :( Anyway, I made the most of what was left.

33jtn2a.jpg

CC Please :)

Last edited:
Nice colour but I would like to see the pier/wave break slightly more to the left and the horizon to be level, but its a nice shot :)

Thanks, Not sure about ground level, I like it like this, although I cant say anything bad against something untill I take the picture. Shame I cant do it now I have come back from Holiday

It is a gutter when you just miss a sunset, a good attempt to make the best of the remaining scene though. As for suggestion to improve, I fine the slanting pole at the end of the jetty a little offputting, it makes the foreground seem more unbalanced. Also would you be able to bring out more detail in the foreground by adjusting brightness etc? Just some suggestions to play with possibly

Looks Ok to me I think that sunsets can look better 5 to 15 mins even up to an hour (golden hour) after the sun has gone below the horizon as the clouds are back and up lit (y) sunsets/sunrises aren't all about having the sun in them

Last edited:
I would want the pier more towards the bottom left. Don't discount the light after the sunset, it is often much MUCH better.

How is the histogram looking on the original? Did you adjust the levels to remove any flat areas? Can often make the colours much more vibrant, which is my main concern here - looks quite flat for that type of light.

Gary.

Hardly any editing as been done due to the fact im not good at editing :) I just sharpened it abit and other fancy stuff which I forgot.

When I went back to get another Sunset picture the tide was right so I could only get water and sun without any sand.

Heres one of the ones that was taken on the day I missed it and the other one was 2 days later.

3769194926_20ecbbc683.jpg

3769192794_ef70501914.jpg

CC Again if you please :)

Last edited:
Back