Missing instructions GX80

Pin

Edit My Images
No
Hi, I’m wondering if it’s normal that the new LUMIX GX80 I bought came without English instructions. It also has a 2 pin AC adapter like a shaver. There are instructions in lots of other languages but not English.

In general all(?) new camera sold by official UK sources will have English manual and UK plugs.

But not all that are sourced from grey market sellers, or indeed bought directly from an EU source will have those included.

So who did you buy from?

I bought from Amazon, and it was sold by Amazon too, not a 3rd party seller (though you never can tell these days). It’s going back and I’m reordering as the price dropped and they won’t price match with.. erm... themselves

Manual is above. Won't you have to pay for postage to return it?
Nope, because there is something missing from the box it’s on them. So I’ll now have to wait till Tuesday for the replacement. It’s a minor thing I would have likely overlooked if it weren’t for the fact that I can now get it cheaper too.

Hmmmm! that it seems is a minor risk with Am azon as they are more often than not sourced out of their Belgium operation and I can only surmise the 'picker' chose the wrong bin i.e. not the UK configured versions one.

I would point out (via chat?) that it is clearly not intended for the UK market and that 'they' should provide prepaid return labels.....................also that for the re-order it should be carriage free (if you paid carriage for the 1st one?)

Reactions: Pin
Hmmmm! that it seems is a minor risk with Am azon as they are more often than not sourced out of their Belgium operation and I can only surmise the 'picker' chose the wrong bin i.e. not the UK configured versions one.

I would point out (via chat?) that it is clearly not intended for the UK market and that 'they' should provide prepaid return labels.....................also that for the re-order it should be carriage free (if you paid carriage for the 1st one?)
Thanks for this. Makes sense and validates my feeling that I should get it replaced. They have agreed on the postage so should be all sorted by Tuesday.

It also has a 2 pin AC adapter like a shaver.
This is illegal under the Plugs and Sockets etc. (Safety) Regulations 1994. All electrical items sold in the UK (apart from toothbrushes and shavers) must be fitted with a UK 3-pin plug or an adapter which cannot be removed without the use of a tool.

This is illegal under the Plugs and Sockets etc. (Safety) Regulations 1994. All electrical items sold in the UK (apart from toothbrushes and shavers) must be fitted with a UK 3-pin plug or an adapter which cannot be removed without the use of a tool.

Makes sense but AFAIK all camera battery chargers have flying leads with the "figure 8" end for the charger and the other end country specific so do the above regs cover that situation of are the regs only for hardwired mains connectors?

Makes sense but AFAIK all camera battery chargers have flying leads with the "figure 8" end for the charger and the other end country specific so do the above regs cover that situation of are the regs only for hardwired mains connectors?
My understanding is that the regulations cover flying leads as well. Obviously you can swap one out for a flying lead with a UK plug on it, provided that (1) it is of appropriate capacity, (2) you are comfortable doing so, and (3) you really, really want the item and don't want to have to send it back.

Not so sure you will get a manual, don't recall one in my GX9 and that was bought from John Lewis.
Usually only a quick start type guide these days and if the battery charges in the camera quite often no charger either.
Think you will get a usb type 5A plug charger and cable, if you want a separate charger you will have to buy it

This is the box contents list
Hot Shoe Cover
Battery Pack
AC Adaptor
USB Connection Cable
Shoulder Strap
Body Cap

Last edited:
Hi, I’m wondering if it’s normal that the new LUMIX GX80 I bought came without English instructions. It also has a 2 pin AC adapter like a shaver. There are instructions in lots of other languages but not English.

Other than the what's in the box issues and good luck sorting this out. I have one of those and it is IMO a good camera. I hope you enjoy it :D

Reactions: Pin
Back