Mist - 'Cart Gap'

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
Really struggled to get motivated with my photography over the past year or so, partly COVID related & depression & because I'm getting slightly bored of shooting the same type of images over & over. (need to get a little creative)
In any case visiting the Outer Hebrides back in August seems to have provided me with some encouragement to get back out, so last Saturday I made the effort to get up at 5am & head to one of my goto locations on the Norfolk coast, Cart Gap. A location full of sea defences, old & new, with endless compositional opportunities.
So out of 180 odd images this was probably my favourite (and by some margin).

Mist by Neil Almond, on Flickr

What a beauty. I feel there is some distortion or something going on but apart from that, an absolute stonker.

Yep, top drawer that!

Thanks Martin
Excellent shot. Nice tones, and I really like the spray/mist....
Cheers Bob
Lovely that. Imho you've got the water spot on and the mist just tops it off nicely. Just about perfect really.
Appreciate that Jason.
Lovely shot with beautiful tones and a strong composition. The mist really adds to the shot. Is it just the shape of the coast making it look like the shot isn't level

Thanks Simon. Of course, the shot is indeed level, but shape of the incoming wave and/or wave line is probably making you think otherwise.

Last edited:
What a beauty. I feel there is some distortion or something going on but apart from that, an absolute stonker.
Thanks Dale - Not sure I see distortion or the anomaly you're referring to?

Thanks Dale - Not sure I see distortion or the anomaly you're referring to?

It may not be, it could just be the layers of the image, especially the breaking wave coming in at the angle it is.

It's a stunning image, the processing, tones and exposure are top drawer. I would have it on our wall if it were mine. (y)

It may not be, it could just be the layers of the image, especially the breaking wave coming in at the angle it is.

It's a stunning image, the processing, tones and exposure are top drawer. I would have it on our wall if it were mine. (y)
Cheers Dale

Thats a Beauty Neil :clap: , composition and really nice soft colours set this off beautifully .. I`d be more than happy to have this on my wall

Coho-Blue

Back