Mist in Little Langdale

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
No
Headed over to the Lake District on Saturday morning, primarily with the mindset to climb Side Pike and shoot the Langdales before the heather had gone.
With a very atmospheric morning, I took the opportunity to head through Little Langdale and the light was too good to resist.
This is a seven shot panorama, shot with the 70-200mm, as I didn't want to stretch the scene with a wide angle, and lose the scale of the fells behind.
The full pano has incredible detail, but this may be lost in this compressed version
Any C&C welcomed as always

20952963673_51fddb0975_h.jpg
[/url]

Nice pano of a lovely place, must have been wonderful. Wetherlam looks really big and bulky from there!

Fantastic detail & light. I was also up there early Saturday and noticed the low lying mist. I was blown away with the scenery this weekend up there.

Nice pano of a lovely place, must have been wonderful. Wetherlam looks really big and bulky from there!

It was a cracking morning Nick, well worth the 4am start. The grandeur of the hills shows much more in this pano than the 17mm version! Thank you

That's lovely. Really nicely done.

Much appreciated Graham, really pleased you like it

:plus1: you know thats lovely so...

Thank you Steve, it's not a location that I've shot before, so its good to get one bagged, and think up some ideas for next trip.

Fantastic detail & light. I was also up there early Saturday and noticed the low lying mist. I was blown away with the scenery this weekend up there.

You caught the lakes on a very good weekend then Adrian. The light on Saturday morning was lovely and warm, I've got 3 or 4 images that Im really happy with.
Glad you had a good time up here, its a very special part of the world, that just keeps on rewarding those that make the effort.
Thanks for the positive comments

Excellent photography
James

Many thanks James.

Worth the early call for sure, love it!

The early calls are almost always worth it Kevin, as I am sure you well know!!

lovely shot - wish i lived near the lakes !

Thank you, I wish I did too, was a 5 hour round trip from home to get here. Worth every penny of fuel though

Very nice Matty, quite dramatic yet peaceful. Good job.

Thank you Neil, it was a cracking morning, the mist adds a beautiful serenity to the landscapes

Very nice, lots of detail. I like the way that the left hand part of the image looks like a cold morning with the right hand being the warmer day to come.

That's lovely Matty, and so much to look at! That's a great inversion layer too with excellent light. Well worth the early start, really enjoyed looking at this, very well shot(y)

Very nice, lots of detail. I like the way that the left hand part of the image looks like a cold morning with the right hand being the warmer day to come.

Thanks Pete, it was the balance of shade and light that made this image work I think. Any later and the light would have been harsher and lost the balance I think

That's lovely Matty, and so much to look at! That's a great inversion layer too with excellent light. Well worth the early start, really enjoyed looking at this, very well shot(y)

Cheers Steve, its a busy scene, but as I was looking at it, contemplating how to shoot it, it was only the idea of a panorama that I could think that would work.
Glad you like it, Im thinking of a print to hang at home of this one, but i think it would be serious dollar to get a good size pano done and framed unfortunately, so it may have to wait
Thanks very much though buddy

Excellent shot Matty.

Thank you very much Roger, pleased you like it!

I like it, especially the transition from cool to warm light in the foreground.

Really love it, especially the mist.

I must crack on with getting a new computer so I can start learning about stitching and other techniques which just are too tedious to try on my ancient computer

Great view of Gt Intake which is a favourite spot of mine. It would have been a great viewpoint from the looks of things.

I like it, especially the transition from cool to warm light in the foreground.

Really love it, especially the mist.

I must crack on with getting a new computer so I can start learning about stitching and other techniques which just are too tedious to try on my ancient computer

Great view of Gt Intake which is a favourite spot of mine. It would have been a great viewpoint from the looks of things.

Thank you very much guys, sorry for the late reply, I've only just remembered about this one! Really appreciate the feedback!

Proper. This mist is proving excellent when it works in your favour

Cheers Steve, it can be a touch hit and miss, when trying to predict the best locations to catch the mist, but I love the results when it comes together!

Absolutely superb, Matty! I don't think I would ever get tired of wandering around mentally in this image.

Much better than the reflections you posted recently.......(in my opinion, of course.)

Thank you Jeremy, I think the detail that the panorama offers allows for an image where you can do just that, I'd love to be able to afford getting it printed so I could spend some time looking at it properly!

Really worth getting out early for, and the detail is fine on my screen, great pano Matty

Geoff

Really nice shot.

Back