Mist on the Rocks

Name
Darryl
Edit My Images
Yes
Yet another B&W from Dunstanburgh,
3 images put through photomatix and the long exposure creating "the mist" of the sea washing over the rocks

ISO100
20mm
F/16 @15 sec

Darryl

dunsmono.jpg

Well this is a rarity. 2 things I really don't like in one picture - long exposure water and mono..... and I (grudgingly) like it :)

Most monos I can't see why it was made mono and this has good contrast and textures. And the water does not look like water so I can live with that too :)

Milky sky and steamy water, I love this mono long exposure. :clap:

Totally agree with Yv, as big as possible!

absolutley love that (y) on my wall if i had took it

That I really like, a lot! (y)

How did you get the sky with that much blur/movement in just a 15 second exposure?

yes its great . i can allmost feel how slippery those rocks are.
i agree big would be beautiful

Well done Darryl on a great image. You've come a long way in a short time.

That I really like, a lot! (y)

How did you get the sky with that much blur/movement in just a 15 second exposure?

3 separate exposures mate.....cloud and wave movement enhanced in photomatix;)

Thanks Russell....

YES!!!....Ive been totally bitten by the "tog bug".....I cant seem to put a camera down, I'm also reading a lot on the internet, books and magazines when I can to learn even more.

One tip I will say to anyone.... Have a look at some photoshop tutorials, they are amazing!

Last edited:
I tell you what, i would be proud to have that hanging on my wall. It would be a crime for you not to print it!

You hit the nail on the head there matey.

If you look at his first pictures and see what he can do now it is truly unreal..

I only wish i was half as good:clap:

Did you use an ND filter?

Sadly not mate.....the lens I was using was on loan and I dont have any grads to fit a 77mm at the moment....I kinda cheated by using a small grad adjustment in Lightroom then levels and contrast in PS

Very nice picture looks great in mono, it also shows the sheen of the rocks well.

Lovely shot :clap:

You hit the nail on the head there matey.

If you look at his first pictures and see what he can do now it is truly unreal..

I only wish i was half as good:clap:

I think I saw all his early images and some that didn't make it to the board. He's put in a lot of hard work and has got the results from his application. You're right, he now sets a great standard with his images.

Back