Misty Infrared Trees

Love the compositions, though I'm not a fan of IR.

These are really nice! Always had a thing about trees especially in the winter when the lack of leaves lets you see their fantastic shape and structure.
No1 very nice with the tree laying down with its shadow underneath great shape in the twisted trunk and still growing by the look of it.
No2 I think this is my pick the diagonal works very well and with the harder contrast it shows the structure very well with the rocks giving a great anchor.
No3 doesn't work for me quite as well as the others. I know you might find this silly but I think that branch on the ground slightly unbalances the isolation of the tree.
No4 lovely shape to that trunk!
Nice work Neil, great set well shot(y)

Very post apocalyptic!

Really love number one. I like the angle of the foreground tree and the one in the background gives it some depth and with just a hint of the clouds it really works, I quite like number two also but find three and four just a bit blank for my personal taste!

These are really nice! Always had a thing about trees especially in the winter when the lack of leaves lets you see their fantastic shape and structure.
No1 very nice with the tree laying down with its shadow underneath great shape in the twisted trunk and still growing by the look of it.
No2 I think this is my pick the diagonal works very well and with the harder contrast it shows the structure very well with the rocks giving a great anchor.
No3 doesn't work for me quite as well as the others. I know you might find this silly but I think that branch on the ground slightly unbalances the isolation of the tree.
No4 lovely shape to that trunk!
Nice work Neil, great set well shot(y)
He's back. Undeniably good.My vote is for one and three - the lighter and more minimal of the set.
Very post apocalyptic!
Really love number one. I like the angle of the foreground tree and the one in the background gives it some depth and with just a hint of the clouds it really works, I quite like number two also but find three and four just a bit blank for my personal taste!

Thanks all :)

Tend to agree with the majority with the first being my favourite by far.

have to say i love these, such a surreal ethereal quality about them. Followed you on Flickr, there is some stunning work there :D

Last edited:
These are cool and a good addition to your already excellent portfolio. I can see what you were trying to do with the final shot but it is not as good as the others for me.

Excellent set, well done indeed (y)

Back