misty landscape

Name
Gavin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

took this very early morning shot a while ago but just got round to PP. shot in raw with WB set to cloudy, ND filter used to balabce sky with foreground.
Some PP to adjust levels and some dodge and burn in shadows, no sharpening.

Please comment re comp and PP, how to improve both would be good.
Do you think if I had taken the shot a little lower to place the sun just below the "V" in the tree it may have looked better ?

It's a nice image for colour and atmosphere, though i would like to see more of that spider's web in the foreground.

Also the diagonal leading line of the edge of the field from the bottom left to right makes me want to try and turn my head and look around the corner of the hedgerow.

Does that make sense?

Jonathan

Jonathon thanks taking the time to comment.

when I set up for the shot the focal point was the tree which i tried to place using the rule of thirds, and at the time I thought the edge of the field led into the tree. I see what you mean about the edge of the field, now you've said that, I also want to know whats behind the tree. As for the spiders web, I couldn't balance the web with the position of the sun and the tree to be able to get them all in.

next time I try one like this Ill take more time over composition.

Jonathon thanks taking the time to comment.

when I set up for the shot the focal point was the tree which i tried to place using the rule of thirds, and at the time I thought the edge of the field led into the tree. I see what you mean about the edge of the field, now you've said that, I also want to know whats behind the tree. As for the spiders web, I couldn't balance the web with the position of the sun and the tree to be able to get them all in.

next time I try one like this Ill take more time over composition.

No worries,

I always find that the shot always looks better when you look through the view finder, and then when you get home you start noticing little glitches, i guess, it just comes with experience, which i am slowly learning!

Jonathan

Back