Misty Morn.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
I had a walk to the paper shop this morning and remembered to grab the camera on the way out...

Misty1.jpg

Misty2.jpg

All comments welcome. :)

we had a real good frost here this morning, should have gone out, cracking photo's CT, like both of them.

It's concrete city around here Joe. This is the local park which is on our doorstep. If the mist cleared in that first shot you'd see the traffic streaming along the M6. :D

Nice. :)

CT said:
It's concrete city around here Joe. This is the local park which is on our doorstep. If the mist cleared in that first shot you'd see the traffic streaming along the M6. :D

I was just wondering what the fog was hiding.... good thing the fog's there! :D

Not much chance to do landscapes around these here parts. I can do you a nice themed set though on pimps, hookers and drug dealers. :D

Oh I love misty photos! They are really atmospheric CT. Wonderful, thanks for sharing.

:)

Really like that first one CT. Nice subtle processing aswell, good control. If thats what concrete city looks like you can stick this country life i've got myself into.
Can i ask if these were taken in B&W or converted later?

jpegs taken in colour converted to Greyscale B&W. I looked at the channel options and there was nowt to be gained. Just played with the levels. :)

I might add I wouldn't usually do Greyscale because of reducing to 256 colours, but I was in a rush this morning and just a bit hung over. :D

Nice, i guess if you get it all right in the first place then post processing is made easy. Can anyone ever see a reason to shoot in B&W in camera?? Even when using film colour was still often best used as you could print in B&W with no difference (only maybe a slight advantage in grain). Or should this be another thread?

Actually both the 20D and the 1D have the B&W options and I very seldom use them. I suppose you could argue a case for it as you can apply filters and tones in the camera, but it can all be done in post processing and still leave your colour options open. Purists throw hands in the air...........now! :D

Funny you should say that Jewel - I think PhotoBox will be getting this one. :)

CT said:
Funny you should say that Jewel - I think PhotoBox will be getting this one. :)

Brilliant shot, very subtle and atmos laden.

A bit o/t, but do you/have you sold any shot's through photo bucket?

I was having a look at using them via my webby the other day and wasn't really sure if it was worth it not?

Verdict?

I don't look to sell any stuff at all Spencer. I packed the wedding photography and other stuff in a couple of years ago, and I've now wound the commercial retouching down to virtually zero - too many hours sitting in front of this silly box.

When I was a mere youth I used to wander around photographing frost and spiders webs then got drawn to the dark side very early on with wedding photography. The money was nice with rug rats to raise and all that, but for years the camera hardly came out unless I was getting paid - I didn't see too much frost or spiders webs.

The wheels' gone full circle now, and there's just one person I really want to satisfy with my stuff.... me! :)

Back