Misty morning in the forest

Very nice shot, pushes all the right buttons for me.

George.

Really nice!

One tiny suggestion from me would be to crop & clone out the leaves in front of the nearest trees to help to draw our eyes into the scene. But as presented, really good work.

Really nice result

Thanks @keeweeman

Very nice shot, pushes all the right buttons for me.

George.

Thanks a lot George

Really nice!

One tiny suggestion from me would be to crop & clone out the leaves in front of the nearest trees to help to draw our eyes into the scene. But as presented, really good work.

I see what you mean, I'lll give that a try. Thank you.

That's good, though possibly a little bit over-saturated ? It has a great sense of symettry.
Cheers @jerry12953 ....I will try and tone it down a bit.
It's just so annoying how the colours differ from one screen to another. On my calibrated BenQ monitor looks good.

Love it
Very well seen and don't change it

Last edited:
Excellent for a first try. Woodland is in my opinion the most difficult sub genre of landscape photography to get right. Well it is for me anyway and you are fairly dependant on conditions.

Thanks a lot Scott.
I agree, I find it very challenging as there's so much going on, trying to find a subject and somehow isolate it from all the clutter is not easy.

Love it
Very well seen and don't change it

Thanks so much @alfbranch

What a very pleasing, well thought out and composed image. (y)

I think that's a beautiful shot. You're a natural.

On my calibrated BenQ monitor looks good.
I have a calibrated BenQ monitor and it looks a bit heavy for me. But then my eyes (and tastes) are different to yours!

Works well as an autumn colour image.
For me the second tree in on the rhs as we look at it seem sharper then the others and once seen seems to take the eye.
Perhaps worth a look.

Ok, thank you very much everyone for all your comments and feedback. I have taken everything on board and cloned out the leaves, lower the saturation and also lower the sharpness on thre right hand side tree.
Sorry but I have uploaded directly to the forum and the quality is not the same, but you get the idea :)

Is this better now?Lone Tree.jpg

Really nice!

That's good, though possibly a little bit over-saturated ? It has a great sense of symettry.
I have a calibrated BenQ monitor and it looks a bit heavy for me. But then my eyes (and tastes) are different to yours!
Works well as an autumn colour image.
For me the second tree in on the rhs as we look at it seem sharper then the others and once seen seems to take the eye.
Perhaps worth a look.

Check the post above now with a re-edit with all your suggestions....what do you think?
Many thanks for your feedback.

For me a step to the left (if possible) would've separated the main subject from the background trees - the background immediately to the right is much brighter than the rest and rather than drawing my eyes to the tree that's grabbing my attention. I like the mood though

Looks great to me. Almost has a "painted by an artist" look to it. Well done.

For me a step to the left (if possible) would've separated the main subject from the background trees - the background immediately to the right is much brighter than the rest and rather than drawing my eyes to the tree that's grabbing my attention. I like the mood though

Thank you @Scirocco_09 .
I see what you mean, unfortunately moving to the left would have meant having the whole tree to the left on the frame as well as branches from others, and also leaving the other one on the right out as I could not move back. I tried many different angles and compositions but this was the only one I was happy with, so much going on around that I could not isolate it any other way.

Looks great to me. Almost has a "painted by an artist" look to it. Well done.

Thanks a lot @Pixbarmy

A very nice woodland shot Paul, if I was fussy the only thing I find a little annoying is the top left diagonal dark branch but a very good shot never the less.

A very nice woodland shot Paul, if I was fussy the only thing I find a little annoying is the top left diagonal dark branch but a very good shot never the less.

Thanks a lot @drb52....I see what you mean about that branch. I will try and clone it out and see how it looks.

Back