Misty morning

Really like the lower and top parts of the photograph. For me to make it even better I would like to see the horizon straightened and the centre portion "cropped" out so that the attractive part of the sky appears closer to the hills / mist.

Really like the lower and top parts of the photograph. For me to make it even better I would like to see the horizon straightened and the centre portion "cropped" out so that the attractive part of the sky appears closer to the hills / mist.

Totally agree with the quote above. A fantastic capture with beautiful colours. I little bit of tweaking in pp and it would be a real beauty :)

:agree:

I think the bottom left hand corner is the best part of the shot. I think the large amount of sky takes away from the best part of the scene.

A little bit more contrast to add some punch will make it really stand out.

HI, Sawman…i've followed your photographs for several years now and generally admire your work. You and I don't have the same style, so I hesitate to offer any suggestions. However, having had a couple of shots of whiskey, I would venture a suggestion: if you want this much sky (and personally, I like that much sky in this photo) I believe it needs more punch to provide proper balance with the stunning foreground. I don't know for sure what post processing software you use (if any). I have PS5 with the NIK suite of plugins. With either I would work on the contrast, saturation and brightness to bring out some sky detail and find that balance with the foreground.

Merry Christmas, by the way, and keep shooting!

HI, Sawman…i've followed your photographs for several years now and generally admire your work. You and I don't have the same style, so I hesitate to offer any suggestions. However, having had a couple of shots of whiskey, I would venture a suggestion: if you want this much sky (and personally, I like that much sky in this photo) I believe it needs more punch to provide proper balance with the stunning foreground. I don't know for sure what post processing software you use (if any). I have PS5 with the NIK suite of plugins. With either I would work on the contrast, saturation and brightness to bring out some sky detail and find that balance with the foreground.

Merry Christmas, by the way, and keep shooting!

I must seem like some kind of ogre if you need a drop of the water of life before giving you thoughts!
I hear what you are saying about more contrast, that is a common response to my landscape work , more contrast more saturation, & on occasion I do apply more of both. I do though, like the more realistic quiet colours etc which are usually more in keeping with what was in front of the camera. As to pp work, I tend to use Nikons own programme as I never have been able to get on with Photoshop. Probably my fault as I have little enough patience to learn the thing!
As to your work, I have been a long time admirer of your work.
Merry Christmas to you too & dinae drink too much whisky!
I have virtually stopped using a camera for some months now, but maybe in the New Year?

I like your islands in the mist with fire in the sky, it does look squint to me too .... without any drink :)
It widnae be that the land is gently rising from the low point, maybe? Tak a wee dram & hae anither wee keek! Merry Christmas to you & all those that have taken the time to give their thoughts & comments,

Excellent :)

Lovely shot

Back