MITAKON SPEEDMASTER 35MM F0.95 for Fuji

Well I pulled the plug and bought the Mitakon used off ebay. Managed to get a good price on a superb condition, very sharp copy. Initial findings are it's a fairly small lens with a lot of heft to it. This is one solid piece of kit and looks great on the XT4. Had a play photographing some flowers in the garden and the DOF is razor thin and sure is fun to play with. It can obliterate the background when used right so am looking forward to getting some portraits with it :)

Got my Mitakon 35mm 0.95 the other day. So today I managed to persuade my daughter to let me take one photo of her. And I mean one. Talk about pressure when trying to nail focus with extremely narrow DOF :eek: . Needless to say it's not the best shot in the world and my daughter's expressions shows how long it took me to get focus and even then I didn't totally nail it :LOL: but boy am I loving the rendering. Also I'll have to watch the lens flares as I don't have a hood for it but hey it adds to the vintage look this lens gives out :)

DSCF1321 by Phil Carver, on Flickr

First trip out with the lens today and managed to get this pic of my daughter. Boy this lens renders a nice image. Yeah it's tough to focus with when coming from auto focus lenses but with focus peeking it's actually a lot easier than I thought it would be.

DSCF1382 by Phil Carver, on Flickr

This looks like a lovely lens. I've been on-and-off with manual focus lenses before (never 0.95 though). My main problem is that whenever I had super fast lenses in the past (e.g. f1.2 on full frame), they are like the proverbial hammer to me... Everything starts looking like a nail. I stop thinking on the best aperture for the composition and lose myself in the creamy backgrounds. Later, when I show friends and family the results, I get "sad that it's not more sharp" :rolleyes:.

Anyway, nice lens and lovely shots.

This looks like a lovely lens. I've been on-and-off with manual focus lenses before (never 0.95 though). My main problem is that whenever I had super fast lenses in the past (e.g. f1.2 on full frame), they are like the proverbial hammer to me... Everything starts looking like a nail. I stop thinking on the best aperture for the composition and lose myself in the creamy backgrounds. Later, when I show friends and family the results, I get "sad that it's not more sharp" :rolleyes:.

Anyway, nice lens and lovely shots.
I can certainly recommend this lens. I can see me getting some keepers with it, though probably a lot of out of focus images too lol!

Back