Critique Mixed Emotions

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
A few of my son that a took which I was quite pleased with. Would love some critique on how I can improve these for next time. The wife isnt that keen on the ones which he is not smiling (she doesnt like photos of Toby looking miserable) but that wasn't what I was going for.

Feel free to give good or bad critique (y)

Thanks for looking

15573393274_62e0c97098_z.jpg

16187985342_98643ed8bc_z.jpg

16186883741_50fc7b925d_z.jpg

15575973623_c593a64791_z.jpg

Hey Richard! Haven't seen you around in awhile!

Really fond of the second picture - I really like the tones, the crop and the expression on his face. I might see if you could life the shadows just a wee bit though maybe? But still leave enough... One, three and four don't do much for me... #1 he just looks really miserable, end off. #3 isn't awful, just beside 2, it falls second place. #4 is too central for me, maybe a square crop? And bring back the colour tones of the others into this one. That's what I might do anyway. Nice to see again! :)

Aww, sounds like i was missed ☺. Its been hard to find time for photography in the past few months but hoping to get right back into it again. Thank you for the comment. Glad you like the second image. Thats my favourite too. Ha he does look miserable in the pics but thats kind of why i like them a bit different from a lot of the smily kid images that you see. To me it adds a big of drama to the image but i do seem to be alone with that opinion ☺

Yes the pose in 2 works very well and makes the wee fella look as if he is on some street corner looking very furtive.

Gaz

Back