Mixing Rodinal+Water > 1+50???

Edit My Images
No
How much Rodinal do I mix to water to develop a roll of 35mm/120?

I did one batch(1L) but the negatives came out barely visible. Is the developer expired or did I mix the chemiclas incorrectly?

I use a Patterson tank to develop 120 at 1:50 I use 490mls water a 10ml of concentrate. Once mixed up it must be used within 2 hours, I have Rodinal that is the colour of black coffee from about 5 years ago I use to see how far I can go before it dies-it still works.
I think I will die before Rodinal :)
According to Agfa you need a minimum of 5mls to develop a film, if not it will exhaust giving thin negs.
I think incorrect mixing would be my prognosis.

usual concentrations of rodinal are 1+25, 1+50 or 1+100

Once mixed to working concentrations, it doesn't keep - so just mix what you need when you're ready to process the film. In standard patterson tanks, I use 300ml per spool of 35mm film, or 500ml per spool of 120, and usually work at 1+25 for quicker processing, 1+50 if i've plenty of time, or 1+100 if I want to pull the contrast down a bit.

Working at these low concentrations, it's easier to measure out the volume of water you need - say 500ml for a roll of 120, then add 10ml of rodinal for 1+50 - 5ml for 1+100 or 20ml for 1+25. Okay - you get a few drops more dev. than you actually need, but it's easier on the maths and the measuring, and after all rodinal's dirt cheap :shrug:

I've done rolls of 35mm with 3ml of Rodinal @ 120:1 Stand developed 1 hr with a gentle swirl at the 30 min mark.

Back