Mmmm, that was delicious!!

Name
Douglas
Edit My Images
Yes
:eek: :crying: :crying:

gotcha.jpg

300 f4L again, handheld. Perhaps it's not so bad after all.

Do you not put a collar with a bell on your cats? :crying: I used to have 5 cats at one time, and I made them all wear 2 bells... poor birdy :(

Good shot though ;)

I'm assuming that was a deep fried Long Tailed Tit, Doug???

Do you not put a collar with a bell on your cats? :crying: I used to have 5 cats at one time, and I made them all wear 2 bells... poor birdy :(

Good shot though ;)

Sorry, not my cat! I have 5 regular cats that feed (or reside) in my garden - inevitable when you put out food for the birds.

I keep a close eye on the garden, as I'm at home all the time, and scare them off whenever I see them. I've spoken to all the owners, and only Daisy's owner has put a bell collar on.

This one is Maximillian, and I've lost count of the number of times she's had the cold hose treatment, or had a stale bread bun score a direct hit!

In spite of this, I see a couple of killings a day, it's sad, but that's life.

I like to think that by feeding the hundreds of birds which vist me, that I'm somehow redressing the balance.

This shot was a grab shot - the dirty deed had already been done.

I'm assuming that was a deep fried Long Tailed Tit, Doug???

It was, It was - honest Janice.

There it was, feeding happily on the ground, I went to get my camera, and when I got back, the dirty deed had been done.

Were it not for Maximillian, I would be posting my first LTT picture.:razz:

Millions more birds die in factories every day :shrug:

It's a good capture, but I don't like that OOF green thingy up the top!

Bells don't work as they won't make a noise until the cat pounces which is too late to make any difference.

It's a good capture, but I don't like that OOF green thingy up the top!

Neither do I, but trees, and leaves get in the way sometimes:razz:

Felt bad for laughing out loud at that image Doug (not helped by Sherlocks smilies :LOL:) but that really is a great capture - one of my favorites from you so far :clap:
Looks like you're over any teething problems with that lens too (y)

Thanks Mike,

It's not bad considering it was a high contrast shot, and quite a crop. The original was shot from about 10m away:

gotch1.jpg

I think that the trouble was that when I was PPing the captures this morning, I forgot it was not the 400, or 500, and I tried to get the same sort of closeups that I'm used to.

I think that I was really expecting too much of the lens, and got a bit frustrated. It's excellent at 300, but it's not the 400L or the Bigma.

Great shot, reminds me of this photo of 'Trixie' I took a while ago

untitled1kg0.jpg

Back