Mobile Phone Help Req!

Name
The King Of Prestwich
Edit My Images
Yes
Riddle me this.....

I've just bought a new phone (Motorola G 4G Sim-Free), as my Galaxy S4 has being doing my nut in for some time, with several issues. It arrived, and after an initial charge, stuck my 3 Mobile sim into it, and worked fine up until this morning.....

......when it stopped connecting to the mobile network. After messing about, switching it on and off again, and speaking to the 3 call centre, I have managed to establish the following:-

1) The 'sim free' phone will connect to other network providers (EE, O2 checked) as soon as I put in an alternative sim.

2) My 3 sim card will work in my old S4 & S2, and connect to the 3 network perfectly (both unlocked phones)

3) The network coverage is fine

4) If I put the 3 sim, in the Motorola, and try to connect to the 3 network, it will not connect, even if I search for the 3 network in the providers settings and try to connect manually.

I didn't drop the phone, or anything daft, but for some reason I've now got a black paperweight, and I've had to regress to an S2 with a smashed screen to keep me connected to my electronic life. Why won't the Sim & phone talk - could 3 mobile have done something at their end regarding my new phone and old sim (they didn't mention anything when I phoned them)

Any help greatly appreciated, in advance of a trip to the local 3 store tomorrow.....arghhhhhhh!!!!

And relax.......

Done, no change...still a black brick with Wifi access

Walk into a Three shop and request a new sim. They will transfer your details onto the new one.

When I moved to the Moto G 4G from my S2 a few weeks ago they gave me the new sim for free, but that was because the S2 and Moto G use different sized sim card. If you smile nicely I suspect you'll get the sim switched for free.

Update - went to the three store, tried a different SIM, but it still didn't want to play.....returned to Amazon, full refund, and bought the same phone,£10 cheaper back at the three store an hour later..

Back