Mobile phone issues, maybe.

I'm probably being paranoid but I always think that if I had a Huawei I would be walking around with the Chinese government in my pocket watching what I do and where I go. It's enough that Google's Android does that already.

You sacrificed your privacy the moment you picked up a smartphone, there’s a lot of finger-pointing but no manufacturer is innocent, they’ve all been caught out over the years including Apple

Indeed, when you buy a phone you are choosing who you want to be watched by, since they all do it to a greater or lesser extent. It's like voting for a government, deep down they are all the same and it is your only real choice is for which party by whom you rather be taxed.

Last edited:
"No matter who you vote for - grubbermint always wins!"

Perhaps if I buy a Samsung, they will stop making phones too! :)

Please don't :D

I've used Samsung for a very longtime, had a couple of top range models but decided I didn't need them so now have mid range, this is the first time I've had any problem,
I delete a lot of the stuff they put on the phone, it's the google stuff that is hard to remove

it's the sheer bewildering choice of processor speeds, screen size, operating system, manufacturer,

I'm presently hunting for a laptop. It seems to be twice as bad as a mobile phone unless I'm prepared to chuck £1200 at it. Some have soldered RAM, some have crappy screens, some poor keyboards, some can't be opened up easily etc etc. I want a decent screen, 16GB RAM, reasonable processor and to be able to upgrade SSD.

I'm presently hunting for a laptop. It seems to be twice as bad as a mobile phone unless I'm prepared to chuck £1200 at it. Some have soldered RAM, some have crappy screens, some poor keyboards, some can't be opened up easily etc etc. I want a decent screen, 16GB RAM, reasonable processor and to be able to upgrade SSD.

People have been looking for things like that for a long time :D
What you don't know about the Holy Grail | Salon.com

Back