Mobile phone magnifier recommends?

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
Looking for a mobile phone magnifier that doesn't rely on a simple magnifier a set distance away as that requires you to be face on inline with the mobile... Need something two people could view from slight different angles...

Getting lost on ebay :(

Any recommendations from real users please?

Check the accessibility settings of your mobile to see if the magnified icons and text settings work for you.

I’m not sure you’ve described your problem well enough. I thought you were looking to use the phone as a magnifier but I see from the other replies maybe you want to magnify the phone screen. Why 2 people, is this for video call? The answer would be larger phone or a tablet but you could cast to a TV etc as Jason suggests. Depends on budget too!

To magnify the phone screen :)

The ones I am finding use a magnifying system in front of the phone

But you have to be looking directly at it.. if you look from the side you would only see part of the phone because of the angle

I wanted a system so two people could look at the magnifyed screen..... one would obviously be slightly to left and right so would see different parts of the phone....

I think you are describing an entirely optical system. They seem to use a big fresnel lens like people use for reading books. Some have batteries but I can’t think what for. In all honesty they look like ’snake oil’ to me. There must be some distortion and given the optical path I can’t see how they‘d work for 2 people viewing. Maybe I’m being dim :oops: :$.

They all seem to be more or less fancy versions of the same sort of design, like the screen magnifiers in Terry Gilliam's Brazil.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8nOHncFziw

Hard to see how one could have much better viewing angles than another.
7 inch tablets start at under £50, 10 inch at under £100...

Last edited:
They all seem to be more or less fancy versions of the same sort of design, like the screen magnifiers in Terry Gilliam's Brazil.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8nOHncFziw

Hard to see how one could have much better viewing angles than another.
7 inch tablets start at under £50, 10 inch at under £100...
That’s a brilliant illustration of one! Yes, I agree a tablet is the easy solution depending on the intended use which isn’t quite clear — yes 2 people looking at phone screen but what are they looking at or using the phone for? I guess a video call but maybe photos.

Is the magnification important or just a way to make it easier for 2 people to view? If not important it occurs to me an angled mirror would work ;).

Get a bigger phone or Bluetooth it to a tablet. A magnifyer will not do what you want.

Looks like i cant make the screen bigger for 2 people to view then.... oh well.. thats that

ta anyways :)

im using a phone magnifier as well ,less strain on the eyes,lots of choices out there

Back