Mock Death from Shooting. Warning: Graphic Pretend Violence.

EdinburghGary

Reply not Report
Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes

2734734451_f919453a9d_o.jpg

2734729467_4395d9ef11_o.jpg

2734734451_f919453a9d_o.jpg

2735575154_d5b79ef4e1_o.jpg

2735583646_bfb7b19c55_o.jpg

6. The end is nigh...

2735603148_a39127b60d_o.jpg

7. A sad loss.

2735596922_9760002e54_o.jpg

EDI Festival, yesterday. These have been PP'd on a PC I am not used to, with a real crap monitor, so not sure how they appear compared to other shots.

Thanks (again!) for looking and any comments and crit, always appreciated.

Regards,

Gary.

I'm looking forward to some off the comments that this will bring.
I think it could spark a good debate EdinburghGary.

My 2p worth.
I like em, very gritty.

Are you sure he wasn't actually shot? Trying to steal your D3 was he? ;)

Good pics Gary, very gritty indeed. As usual your level of PP is high :)

Like the last one the best, looks like one of those social conscience things, someone shot and everyone going about their daily business...maybe its just me!:coat:

:D

Anyway, good shots!:clap:

An interesting set Gary but I really feel 1,2,3 and 4 are all so close to each other that you could have posted only one of them. I like them all, but they are all pretty much the same. Beyond that, I think 5 and 7 are the pick of the bunch. The last one with the legs around works very well for me.

An interesting set Gary but I really feel 1,2,3 and 4 are all so close to each other that you could have posted only one of them. I like them all, but they are all pretty much the same. Beyond that, I think 5 and 7 are the pick of the bunch. The last one with the legs around works very well for me.

Thanks Grumpy, you are right, I lost myself in the PP, and when you are concentrating on the minor details, you often loose sight of the bigger picture...

I do have to learn to post fewer images :D

Thanks for looking, glad you like.

Gary.

I'm afraid i'll have to risk the wrath and say they don't really do much for me. :exit:

Like the last one the best, looks like one of those social conscience things, someone shot and everyone going about their daily business...maybe its just me!:coat:

:D

Anyway, good shots!:clap:

When I first saw him, for a split second, I thought it was for real. Have never witnessed a real death, however, he was very convincing to me.

Was quite scary.

Gary.

I'm afraid i'll have to risk the wrath and say they don't really do much for me. :exit:

No problem D&F, thanks for your honesty, I am not scared of negative crit, without it, how would one improve?

Thanks,

Gary.

I like 6 & 7 but he does like more like he's smiling in no6. Scary thing is, he looks like Slvrbck hehe ;)

Photos and PP are brilliant but as for subject there would be one minor thing I'd do to help enhance the realism and get some water on his face. You'd sweat like the pig that know's he's dinner if shot :)

It's not that I dislike them, i'm not quite sure how to say what i mean. Your Edingburgh Festival shots, especially the chinese ones instantly grab you, the colours the contrast, it forces you to explore the image. These shots well, dont, at least for me that is.

It's not that I dislike them, i'm not quite sure how to say what i mean. Your Edingburgh Festival shots, especially the chinese ones instantly grab you, the colours the contrast, it forces you to explore the image. These shots well, dont, at least for me that is.

I appreciate that, and I feel the impact is lost here too. All my festival shots (ignoring these) are pretty close up, and really focus on the face. I have deliberately ignored the "festival" around the individuals, as I find all the faces so much more interesting.

This set, well I felt the pretend death was interesting in its own right, but you do not get the instant connection you do with the faces.

I am with you 100% :)

Gary.

Scary thing is, he looks like Slvrbck hehe ;)

What?? How dare you??? I have never been so offended as to be compared to a dieing man!!!!

I should.......

O who am I kidding :LOL:

I was with Gary that day had grandkids with me im afraid I felt it was a bit in bad taste with kids about but just my opinion . But certainly interesting photo wise but ? with kids about during day maybe not.

I was with Gary that day had grandkids with me im afraid I felt it was a bit in bad taste with kids about but just my opinion . But certainly interesting photo wise but ? with kids about during day maybe not.

Yes it was a little dodgy, I wondered if it were for real at my very first glance.

G.

Back