Model release for a family

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I'm doing a promotional new born shoot tomorrow and was thinking if I need a separate model release for each individual i.e. each parent and sibling of the new born child as well as one for new born themselves or would a single release covering all involved is satisfactory?
Ta,
MJ

Docj0nes said:
Hi, I'm doing a promotional new born shoot tomorrow and was thinking if I need a separate model release for each individual i.e. each parent and sibling of the new born child as well as one for new born themselves or would a single release covering all involved is satisfactory?
Ta,
MJ

You really don't need model releases at all for this

Ta,
MJ

You only need a model release if there is some kind of dispute over the use of the pictures. Then, even though it has no formal legal status, a model release is a good piece of evidence to show that the subject knew what could happen and was agreeable. All sorts of unpredictable situations can arise down the line.

You could get the whole group to sign one form, and minors must be counter-signed, but it's probably easier to get everyone to sign individually.

Be aware that even putting pictures in an on-line gallery or Facebook is 'publishing' and can cause problems!

Thanks for the replies. I'll do them individually so there is no comeback.

Back