Modelling agencies

Name
Kellyanne
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure where to put!

My cousin has got two beautiful and photogenic children and she would like to see if they could be put forward for child modelling and asked me to help.

Does anyone know where to start? Or any good agencies?

Thanks

Cant help, but NEVER pay any money and avoid Models Direct especially!

Having 'beautiful and photogenic children' is no guarantee that an agency will sign them. Agencies see thousands of kids like that all the time, and they all begin to look the same to them. I recently did this 2 year old boy. He was brilliant to photograph and unbelievably cute. All the major agencies turned him down because he was - as one agency said 'too perfect looking' They wanted someone more quirky, with big ears, freckles and ginger hair.

In addition, if mums and dads do get lucky in signing their kids to a reputable agency, the amount of running around (going to castings/go-sees etc - often during school hours) they will have to do doesn't make it worthwhile.

Some respectable child agencies do charge to put children on their books. However, they deduct their fees for this from money earnt from work they get you - not when you sign up.

As for reputable agencies, one of the biggest child model agents is Elisabeth Smith: http://www.elisabethsmith.co.uk They are also a member of the Association of Model Agents.

You could also try Grace & Galor: http://www.graceandgalor.com, who have a good reputation.

No disrespect, but just because you might think they are gorgeous and photogenic, doesn't mean agencies agree, or that they are even model worthy :) Everyone thinks their own kids are the most gorgeous kids in the world right?

From what I've gathered, you have to be prepared to drop everything at a moments notice to be willing to travel a bloody long way for very little pay. I just think the cons outweigh the pros :(

a good few years ago we was approached by a photo agency to do a portfolio of our daughter but nothing came from it
i'm not sure if it was a rouse to get us to buy portraits but the photo shoot was free and they was the ones who was doing the legwork submitting the portfolio to catalogue agencies
like betty says we think our daughters are the cutest but the reality is they all are and it's a bit of a lottery who gets to be in the limelight

but if you don't try you'll never know

I just don't understand why you would do that to your kids. They're children they should be having fun, learning and discovering the world. They're not a source of income and I can't think of any children I know that would want or choose to be a model.

Personally, in my opinion it's a selfish choice by the parents, but no doubt there are those that disagree...

I just don't understand why you would do that to your kids. They're children they should be having fun, learning and discovering the world. They're not a source of income and I can't think of any children I know that would want or choose to be a model.

Personally, in my opinion it's a selfish choice by the parents, but no doubt there are those that disagree...

I have mixed feelings about it. The world obviously need child models and actors for various things but when it comes to money I think so long as it all goes to the child doing the work, whether it be xbox games or for a car in the future then I am ok with it. I don't think it is right to use the money to benefit the parents or for additional income.

Hi thanks for the info,

These are not my children and I don't really agree with it unless it's what the child wants, I know the girl does want to do it and enjoys it. Any money earned will be put into there savings for when there older.

I've been asked to find out and that's what I'm doing

Back