Modelmayhem

Name
Aaron
Edit My Images
Yes
Just wondering if anyone had a model mayhem account to exchange adds and give advice. As I never really get to see people's work on here very much.

My number

I have used MM a bit. Some nice models and it appears to very well organised but as with any of these web based models sites, you will get your fair share of flakers and no shows.

Some of the photo retouchers are excellent.

MY Profile

Flakes are pretty much exactly 1/3rd for new models from model mayhem and purestorm for group shoots.

A good method of finding out how serious models are is apparently meeting them beforehand to discuss ideas, if they flake on that, there's not a chance they're gonna turn up to the shoot...

I have used MM a bit. Some nice models and it appears to very well organised but as with any of these web based models sites, you will get your fair share of flakers and no shows.

Some of the photo retouchers are excellent.

MY Profile

I know, I've dealt with A LOT of timewasters so far, but luckily i've never been stood up. I've managed to photograph 2 models, and I really want to photogrpah some more, and get some feedback on my work but other photographers really.

I'm on MM - http://www.modelmayhem.com/calvert

On one hand I think MM is excellent. It does have some very good models and some seriously good photographers on there. I think its much better than Pure Storm and Net Portfolio, which seems to have more than its fair share of deluded models that a decent agency wouldn't give a second glance to. You have to dig deep to find the good ones.

However, on the other hand, what lets MM down badly is the slow to dead page/image loading that the site very regularly suffers from. It can often make using the site a nightmare. I hear a lot of MM people are moving to www.istudio.com - which has a virtually identical interface to MM.

Anyone know how to change your avatar on model mayhem ??

I'm on mm my profile is a bit crap compared to others here though! Has been great for meeting other togs and sorting shoots though! Have bunged a few friend requests in to those in this thread :) ! Some great work people!!

My profile MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/p0777

#166747 on purestorm

Model Mayhem is good - I use that - purestorm never authorized my account after a year still and not like i haven't contacted them to tell them about it, i'm guessing it won't be now :D

I'm on there too, but have not used it much.. I am going to make a more concerted effort to get some shoots organised in the coming months though..

PS added you all as friends..(y)

I'm on there too, but have not used it much.. I am going to make a more concerted effort to get some shoots organised in the coming months though..

PS added you all as friends..(y)

I thought it might be you when I spotted Danielle in the pics :)

In need of an update but mine is #645083

I've just registered on both MM and purestorm

You should be up and running with Purestorm then by Christmas......

2017 !!!

They are as slow as a slow thing that is on strike. Unless you also have a big gun in which case a few hours should suffice.

I waited 3 days for Pure Storm before giving them a gentle nudge, got approved straight away.

I got approved instantly but it was while ago, I think they look at your material you send too.

mine was denied within 3 hours I put one image up expecting to wait for like a week and woke up to the rejection email :p

got it fixed in like 2 hours

Meeeeeee http://www.modelmayhem.com/698530

I was on purestorm but I closed my account as the forums were overly bitchy and the quality of work on there wasn't as inspiring as over on MM. Plus I kept getting messages from girls with mobile phone/myspace style images and shoot requests from known flakers.
Lots of girls wanting to get their their b:naughty::naughty:bies out over on purestorm though, if you're into shooting that sort of thing. :D

Meeeeeee http://www.modelmayhem.com/698530

I was on purestorm but I closed my account as the forums were overly bitchy and the quality of work on there wasn't as inspiring as over on MM. Plus I kept getting messages from girls with mobile phone/myspace style images and shoot requests from known flakers.
Lots of girls wanting to get their their b:naughty::naughty:bies out over on purestorm though, if you're into shooting that sort of thing. :D

I don't bother with the Forum there at all - it's just a means of contacting Models...I now have three that i use regularly and use the PS messaging service to keep in touch as it seems to give them a sense of security and also a means of keeping thier page up to date with feedback etc...

Back