Moderators Removing all posts in Classifieds that say SOLD

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Hi Guys,

Just a question regarding the above... Wouldn’t it be easier to remove all the posts in the Classifieds that Say Sold in its Header, that way when people are searching and looking in the Classifieds all they need to search through is that that is currently still available.

Just an idea.

They need to be archived in case of a disputed trade, the old forum had an archive option, it's missing here. I believe once marked sold it auto archives now once it's been inactive for a bit? I could be wrong - But I agree, a bunch of sold threads does litter the place up. More annoying are the sold threads not marked sold by the OP .... Grrr

Handy for checking sold prices on here if you want to sell something.

That's what the Archive Thread used to be for.

Reactions: CSB
The same problem exists in the classifieds 'wanted' section. It's cluttered up with 'no longer wanted' threads - just archive them or delete them!

Last edited:
I think they need to remain for a bit so folks can leave feedback etc, then they auto archive.

That's the idea, they do tend to hang even after though. Not sure if they have some kind of timer on sold threads? Only a mod can tell us really, maybe call one @Cobra for example

I moderate on another forum and the way we do it is to move the sold adverts to a separate forum called Sales Graveyard. This then enables people to browse previous sales for a price guide etc. if they need to.

Nothing worse than clutter . . .

Not sure if they have some kind of timer on sold threads?
At the top of the every sales page
You no longer need to archive your threads
Just click the button 'Mark as Sold' (or equivalent) at the top of the thread
Threads marked as Sold etc will be automatically archived for you after 7 days without a reply.

The archive ( aka @Sky 's grave yard) is accessible to all, but cannot be posted in.
They can of course be brought out of archive ( by a mod) if there is a need
the old forum had an archive option
Can you not see that option?
"we" can.

More annoying are the sold threads not marked sold by the OP .... Grrr
Absolutely !

Reactions: Sky
At the top of the every sales page
You no longer need to archive your threads
Just click the button 'Mark as Sold' (or equivalent) at the top of the thread
Threads marked as Sold etc will be automatically archived for you after 7 days without a reply.

The archive ( aka @Sky 's grave yard) is accessible to all, but cannot be posted in.
They can of course be brought out of archive ( by a mod) if there is a need

Can you not see that option?
"we" can.

Absolutely !

I can see the Archives, but what I meant was we cannot send threads there like before. The ones marked 'sold' do go there, but after how much time? If someone posts in these sold threads does this reset the clock?

I count 13 'sold' threads in Other brands alone - some date back to mid July

Ah OK I didn't realise that "button" had been removed. I still have mine.

As above 7 days

The short answer is yes.

That'll be the confusion then, Mods can archive but sellers cannot. People need to stop replying to sold threads then! :D

I count 13 'sold' threads in Other brands alone - some date back to mid July
You need to look at the far right column for the last "post date" there should be nothing there older than 8 days.
( 7 days + 24 hours for the server to get its arse into gear )

Back