Modified VW's and my first published shots

Name
Graeme
Edit My Images
No
Ok - I have been going to a few car shows recently as its rekindled my interest in VW's to the point where I have bought myself another Mk2!!

Anyway I went to the first big VW show of the year, took my shots and sent them to this magazine:
magcover.jpg

I did a couple from the balcony and the floor which were long exposure and showed the crowds ghosted and they picked up on it and ran one over 2 pages! they still use it to this day as their events page picture too!!

mag1.jpg

Same effect different shot!! Even got a pic credit too!!

mag2.jpg

Hope you all like!!!

Nice work mate.
Very nice professional shots. I bet you are over the moon!!
So nice being published isnt it?

Funny thing was it was one of he most exciting feelings I cn remember when I walked into smith's and saw it on the shelves, I just wanted to show everyone in the shop!!
Even better was working on a customers car on Saturday and leafing through the mag he had in his boot and finding the pic being used recurrently as their events page pic!!!

Brillient shots there chap......top marks

Did you just send them in to the editior to see if he liked them?

Thanks - I had e-mailed him on spec before the show and then submitted them. Despite its look and readership its actually a very small concern and only a few full time people behind it, I expected a huge publishing empire!!!

The show organisers are using them on their promo material for next year too, I just need to capatalise on it now I suppose!!

I did a couple from the balcony and the floor which were long exposure and showed the crowds ghosted and they picked up on it and ran one over 2 pages! they still use it to this day as their events page picture too!!

Presumably you got a very healthy cheque?

Presumably you got a very healthy cheque?

Well it was a cheque and it was living but maybe not fully healthy!!!, I was glad to be published and considering they had their own staff photographers there reasonably lucky I suppose.

well they were good shots - which presumably their staff photographers failed to see! well done.

Back