Modifying Old Flash Units

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anybody ever tried modifying their older flash units. I have been given two older units that were heading for the bin, one of them is quite good and has some good features, and a fairly rapid recycle time. The second one not so. I have been looking around google to see if it is worth modding the power source for them to improve the recycle time and possibly up the power output. I was planning on using a 4xAA Battery pack, hard wired to the existing terminals inside the flash. If this worked, i have seen a lot of people using R/C Car batteries, so possibly using them at a later date.

Just wondering if anyone on here had done anything similar. And if so, what where the results(y)

You will be able to find everything you need to know about flashguns on this site.

http://www.strobist.blogspot.com/

There are all sorts of mods for external power sources, low voltage, high voltage, quantum, lumidyne, DIY.

Get the soldering iron fired up! :)

Cheers Ali, been looking around on Strobist. Have seen a few good articles on their site, so i think i might have to give it a try, if the AA's work, then it could be worth an upgrade to some Sealed Acid battery packs, or Radio Controlled model ones. Cheers(y)

Back