Modo Maxi

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

How sturdy is the Modo Maxi tripod.. I've heard conflicting reports about it. How would it fare supporting a D40 and a 70-300 lens? Is it worth spending a bit more money and if so what should I be considering?

Thanks.

Mmmmm...its touch and go.

I remember trying it in Jessops with my very first L lens 70-200 with 400D and it was a little wobbly, so with a 300 it might be a little too much...sorry to be the bearer of bad news:(

Would definately taking your camera and lens to one of their shops and trying it out..

Hi all,

How sturdy is the Modo Maxi tripod.. I've heard conflicting reports about it. How would it fare supporting a D40 and a 70-300 lens? Is it worth spending a bit more money and if so what should I be considering?

Thanks.

I had one and used it on a Canon 350D and 400D with all sorts of lenses. At first it was ok but after a while the ball/grip started to weaken and the camera would start to drop. I don't think you would be very happy with it if stability etc is crucial, ie close portrait or macro shots. Hope this helps :)

Great, thanks for the replies. Any suggestions which models may be more suitable?

Great, thanks for the replies. Any suggestions which models may be more suitable?

The Camera Centre Cardiff are doing this via ebay

MANFROTTO 190XPROB Tripod & 804RC2 3-Way Head for £134.99 delivered

Excellent tripod and head and not a bad price :)

Go here
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120291516023&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=120290182555&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=StoreCatToStoreCat&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m183&_trkparms=algo%3DDR%26its%3DS%252BI%252BSS%26itu%3DISS%252BUCI%252BSI%26otn%3D4

Not sure if I am allowed to put a link to the item on here,:thinking: if not can one of the mod's remove the link and accept my appologies :shrug:

Back