Monaco Grand Prix 2011 - Qualifying

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
No
Hello everyone,

Long time browser, thought I best at least add something to this site!

I was fortunate enough to get an invite to Monaco last year, even more fortunate to get a ticket for the Fairmont roof on the Saturday! Took my camera with me and grabbed a few pictures while I was there. Please feel free to comment, hope you enjoy! :)

Joe.

IMG_41041024.jpg

IMG_41011024.jpg

IMG_40851024.jpg

IMG_40541024.jpg

IMG_40491024.jpg

IMG_41851024.jpg

Thanks for the reply Martyn, not the most exciting set I can appreciate, just felt I should post something after spending plenty of time looking at other peoples posts.

Very different to taking pictures at silverstone etc, really wish i'd taken a wide angle but was packing light for a day out. Hopefully get a chance to go again this year, does anyone have any advice/tips for this very slow corner (Fairmont hairpin)/special circumstances at monaco?

Any advice appreciated! Joe

Nice pics Jallen.
It is very hard to take pictures at the Monaco Grand Prix. The F1 Paddock Club, or aboard a Monaco Yacht, provide the best views but otherwise it is a question of a good zoom lens and the need to handle the camera as well as the F1 Drivers handle the Monte Carlo street corners!

Thanks for the comments! In regard to how I ended up with a ticket, it was a friend of friend job, so I just count myself as a very lucky person, with good friends! :D

I think if I went again, I would try to incorporate the scenery a little more (hence the wide angle thought) as thats actually the most amazing thing about this grand prix, seems insane to run a race through the centre of town. Last year I was just really happy to be so close to the cars!

Joe

I think these are great Joe and something a bit different!! I like the high view point! :)

Very interesting to see what you managed there - give me an idea of what to expect when we#re there this year. Thanks for sharing

Back