Money thoughts …

I have really thought about buying PB's !
How much does one have to invest to say £20 per month ( average over a year ) ?
If you mean what holding you would need to return you £20 per month in winnings, going off my average over the last few years, a holding of £8,000 would do it. Although you could win a million in your first draw or nothing ever.

£25 this month, £300 last month (on a 25k holding)

Over the nine months I've had that level of PBs the return works out at 4.9%. It was much lower when I had £24 in individual paper bonds that were bought for me as a baby, £0 won over more than 50 years (I still have those bonds, gave them the numbers and got them transferred to the online account when I set it up and none of the prizes I've won since have come from them.)

Well......

I recalled having a £1 PB as a child, so I went through the Lost Account procedure with NS & I and they found it :)
I created an account to be able to see the Prize History and lo & behold = zilch, nada, zero prizes.

Now the bond was bought in 1957.......you would have thought there might have at least one win during the last 67 years, if only just a £5 :facepalm:

I am thinking of putting in some more money to see if that results a few modest wins :thinking:

I wonder if the draw is entirely by chance, or if it is biased to give an even spread of numbers as winners. Chance is almost always "lumpy"

Back