monitor calibration ????

Name
nick
Edit My Images
Yes
getting your monitor calibrated

why do you do this exactly

i have a problem at the moment i see the pic i created on the screen it looks good and bright but when i printed it off at asda 12x10 it was alot darker than what i see on the screen everyone likes it but its not my computer screen

is this because my monitor is not monitor is not calibrated if you can do that to a laptop i dont know

or is this asda's printing and i should go elsewhere

thanks in advance

If the prints are too dark it will almost certainly be because your screen is too bright I doubt it will be Asda's fault but it is possible.
If you are going to get your work printed you need to calibrate your monitor in order to match what you see with what will be printed.

stormcrow said:
If the prints are too dark it will almost certainly be because your screen is too bright I doubt it will be Asda's fault but it is possible.
If you are going to get your work printed you need to calibrate your monitor in order to match what you see with what will be printed.

Yep agree with this. I had a batch printed at Asda after my screen was calibrated using a spyder3pro and did not have any issues.

Your problem will be down to calibration, as said above your brightness is probably too high, although one thing you should consider is that a laptop screen naturally shows differences in colour depending on the viewing angle. I am not sure how well colour calibration would work for this.

In any case I also calibrate using a Spyder3 and have had no problems. In your situation I would maybe even consider buying a monitor to view images on, but that is quite a cost increase.

Back