Monitor calibration

Edit My Images
Yes
I edited this on my laptop - my external monitor was out of action. I have just got a nice new IPS monitor, and it definitely looks a bit yellow to me! I do want to calibrate my monitor, but can someone confirm that this looks yellow on their monitor too?

43795390885_3e42b46b93_c.jpg

You can see the difference in comparison to my laptop screen...

43111345_10155524989642651_2383501532663382016_o.jpg

That's very helpful, thanks for the input. For now I have adjusted the monitor's RGB to match my laptop screen.

I would get a calibration tool and do both screens. The laptop looks far too cold and the big screen a little warm. I’d suggest both are out the laptop more so.

I wouldn't judge by the phone shot, the laptop looks neutral in real life but the other screen has thrown the auto white balance.

I know I need to get a calibration device but I'm loathe to spend money that would otherwise be spent on lenses. I wonder if we could get a group together to chip in and share one?

Get the basic spyder 5 and then download DisplayCal.

No need getting the more expensive spyder devices as the only difference is the software. Display is far superior software and it’s free.

Get the basic spyder 5 and then download DisplayCal.

No need getting the more expensive spyder devices as the only difference is the software. Display is far superior software and it’s free.

Do you have a link for an idiots guide to DisplayCal? I need a calibration tool and was gunna get the Spyder Pro purely because there are lots of clear tutorials for it!

Do you have a link for an idiots guide to DisplayCal? I need a calibration tool and was gunna get the Spyder Pro purely because there are lots of clear tutorials for it!

I use a Spyder 5 Pro in conjunction with DisplayCall, works a treat.
Unfortunately I don't know of a dummies guide, instructions are pretty easy to follow, probably not for a genuine idiot though

I found a few problems getting drivers for the Spyder with Display Cal.
Once set up it was OK but not obviously better than the easier to use spyder.

Agree posted image is pretty well spot on, not too warm.
Assuming the dog is white :rolleyes:

Back