Monitor recommendations

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
No
Hi
I am looking recommendations of a monitor, I currently have a 24 inch Dell monitor and I have been having issues when printing images that they looks off and are not consistent with the brightness and contrast and colour levels that I am getting on my screen. I have a spyder3 pro and it comes up with a message asking me to adjust the brightness to 125 - 150 cd/m^2 and whitepoint to 5800 .. My brightness and contrast are set to max and i am still getting the message. So finally i am looking a replacement monitor that would hope sort my issue. I am looking at least 24 inch to 27 and am looking to spend £250 max.. What do you use , am i better to wait and spend more.. what would you do.. What make/ model would you go for ???

Thanks..

Last edited:
Thanks Pete , I had a read of the provided information on the site but think i need to replace my old monitor and I am looking for suggestions for a replacement..

Thanks Pete , I had a read of the provided information on the site but think i need to replace my old monitor and I am looking for suggestions for a replacement..
A quick question?

Reading your OP, with brightness and contrast at "max" does your screen look very bright or dim and lacking in contrast???

One reason I ask is that 125 - 150 cd/m^2 though bright, is way lower than the brightness of screen of the box! So to say that the Spyder utility software is telling you to make an adjustment even though you have raised the screen settings to max, why have you not gone the other way?!!!

FWIW my screen is at 90 and without looking now I recall brightness at 75 and contrast at 35.

As for col temp I aim for D65 i.e. 6500 and a gamma of 2.2

Last edited:
Hi
The screen does not look to bright , it just that the printed Images are noticeably darker. I am trying to minimize the guess work as best i can. The monitor is 10yrs plus in age.

Back