Monitor screen night mode question solved

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
Talking about with windows 10. I didn't realise until just now that windows10 has a night monitor screen auto change over from day time setting. It was driving me nuts having to reset the monitor each time I thought it was possibly a graphics card fault.

Why on earth did microsoft add such a stupid setting? among others in the program , totally unnecessary

Talking about with windows 10. I didn't realise until just now that windows10 has a night monitor screen auto change over from day time setting. It was driving me nuts having to reset the monitor each time I thought it was possibly a graphics card fault.

Why on earth did microsoft add such a stupid setting? among others in the program , totally unnecessary

I surmise it is one of the functionalities more suitable for tablets and mobile devices ~ such is the peculiarities of developing an OS that is supposed to be the "jack of all trades" for more than one platform!

This makes calibrating a desktop screen absolutely pointless.on a desktop computer. Not that I do it anyway. Biggest mistake Microsoft have done in my opinion, They get in geniuses to mess everything up and pay them fantastic salaries to make fantastic balls ups. This is the second one that is pointless the other being real time protection in defender.

Why on earth don't these programmers get out in the streets and actually ask the general public if they think it is a good idea.first..

Last edited:
Rather than recalibrate all the time why don't you just turn off the night mode. It is simple to do.

Type 'display' in search box
Click 'Night light' to the off position.

Last edited:
This makes calibrating a desktop screen absolutely pointless.on a desktop computer. Not that I do it anyway. Biggest mistake Microsoft have done in my opinion, They get in geniuses to mess everything up and pay them fantastic salaries to make fantastic balls ups. This is the second one that is pointless the other being real time protection in defender.

Why on earth don't these programmers get out in the streets and actually ask the general public if they think it is a good idea.first..

Why don’t you just turn it off?

Are you ranting about a feature in an OS that doesn’t suit you or the fact that you don’t know how the OS works.

Last edited:
It’s not just Windows that does it, my iPhone and iPad have the same option. I think there’s a couple of reasons, eye strain etc in the dark but I also the way the brain sees blue and thinks it’s daytime, making it more difficult to switch off and fall asleep shortly after. Taking out some of the blue is meant to help that, for the vast majority that’s probably more important than print accurate colours :)

It’s not just Windows that does it, my iPhone and iPad have the same option. I think there’s a couple of reasons, eye strain etc in the dark but I also the way the brain sees blue and thinks it’s daytime, making it more difficult to switch off and fall asleep shortly after. Taking out some of the blue is meant to help that, for the vast majority that’s probably more important than print accurate colours :)

Yep, my iMac has it too, but like windows it’s easily turned off.

Why don’t you just turn it off?

Are you ranting about a feature in an OS that doesn’t suit you or the fact that you don’t know how the OS works.

I shall give that remark as much attention as it deserves, none

Last edited:
This makes calibrating a desktop screen absolutely pointless.on a desktop computer. Not that I do it anyway. Biggest mistake Microsoft have done in my opinion, T
The vast majority of computer users do not care about colours on the screen. Office work, for instance, or factories. Or people playing games.

This makes calibrating a desktop screen absolutely pointless.on a desktop computer. Not that I do it anyway.

So.... why has it clearly got up your nose so much that they've implemented it then?

Last edited:
Back