Monitors - Curved?

Name
Harry
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Currently building myself a new PC that I'll be using for gaming and photo editing... Not yet got a monitor, and toying with the idea of a curved one. Does anyone use one for photo editing or does it all look a bit odd?

Thanks, Harry,

Have quite a bit of experience with monitors of different types through work, and I really really can't recommend any curved monitor. I cannot think of a single reason to buy one versus a flat screen.

I really hate the feeling of reflections which aren't straight on, if that makes any sense at all - it's really distracting.

I've no experiences with curved monitors, but wouldn't there be image distortion when viewing images closely?

Have quite a bit of experience with monitors of different types through work, and I really really can't recommend any curved monitor. I cannot think of a single reason to buy one versus a flat screen.

I really hate the feeling of reflections which aren't straight on, if that makes any sense at all - it's really distracting.

As a screen gets wider it should be easier to view a curved screen than a flat one, especially as you only move your head side to side when viewing. I would expect there to be less distortion in that instance. Do they actually have worse reflections than a flat monitor? I have two 24" monitors and they are angled on my desk not flat so giving the 'impression' of a curved screen.

I've no experiences with curved monitors, but wouldn't there be image distortion when viewing images closely?

I suppose it depends upon how curved and how close you are to the monitor.

I have used curved monitors but never owned one. Couldn't really tell much difference between the two, except the price!

I've used lots of curved monitors. That was all you could get in the olden days. Even the Trinitron ones.

How quickly we move on.

When the fashion for curved monitor is over and the marketing men think of another way of selling monitors you will be left with a lemon. Remember the 3d craze a few years ago... exactly.

I'm waiting for the implantable version ... it'll make the headset ones seem really clunky.

Back