Monknash

The coloured one works better for me. My eyes are drawn to the horizon, clouds and the cliff so there is plenty to enjoy.

On the mono my eyes are drawn to the pebbles but there isn’t enough of them in the photo so it feels somewhat empty.

The coloured one works better for me. My eyes are drawn to the horizon, clouds and the cliff so there is plenty to enjoy.

On the mono my eyes are drawn to the pebbles but there isn’t enough of them in the photo so it feels somewhat empty.

Thanks.

I did shoot another frame that was more edgy in the mono but personally preferred the more subtle image but here it is as you may prefer this one?

Attachments

• 2021-05-23_12-32-36.jpg
    2021-05-23_12-32-36.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 7
Thanks.

I did shoot another frame that was more edgy in the mono but personally preferred the more subtle image but here it is as you may prefer this one?

Precisely! The right side clouds of the original seem blown out which affected it, there is also a little too much white in the original hence my emptiness comment. All under control in the 2nd which overall feels like a more deliberate and balanced mono composition than a colour conversion.

Goes to show how we all have our preferences, your less preferred shot is definitely the one I would choose.

Back