Mono

Edit My Images
Yes
Some mono stuff I haven't shown you before.

1) Bluebells, in Mono

rescans094.jpg

2) Beach Cave

rescans055.jpg

3) Dorset Coastline (same beach as above)

Burton-bradstock092.jpg

4) Someswing odd went on here ;) Durdle Door

rescans097.jpg

5) that mountain, sort of high key. Well, cloudy and snowy anyway!

rescans093.jpg

Where di that mountain go in the last one?

Waterfall is ok, but the rest is not high key, it doesn't exist.

Sorry, nice experiment but negative result!

IMO #4 is best suited to mono, Gandhi. Level your horizon and crop 120 pxs off the top and there you have it, mate. ;)

The last three are not really putting the tick tock in my clock but the first two.....

They are two extremes of style but both just brilliant. Exactly the sort of images that remind me that I'd love to work in nothing more than 10x8 black and white contact prints.

They do seem to have lost some definition and density when they've been uploaded. I've had this problem a lot recently. They are definitely darker in cs4 than they are on the web. Weird.

Ta for the feedback peeps

Hi Gandhi
Like the last, although I'd try to get some detail back in the BG. Have had the prob about uploaded files not matching too - a bit of a pain, but now and then can look better.
No1 may work better if it was a lot darker.

I like the beach cave one - it's the kind of image I used to love playing around in the darkroom with.....

They do seem to have lost some definition and density when they've been uploaded. I've had this problem a lot recently. They are definitely darker in cs4 than they are on the web. Weird.

Me too. I gather that you have to sharpen more for the web as well. This seems more obvious in B&W images. I actually did a 'web version' of my recent Botallack Mine scene for this forum with a slightly lower EV setting. By contrast I think Neil South had to lighten one of his recent images.....!

I'm gonna grab the calibrator from the print team and tidy up my monitor here at work and see if that makes a difference. Might be the embedded profiles in the images causing havoc too.

Back