Monopod Adapter

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
I am trying to find an adapter that will be able to connect my 200-500 or my 300mm f/2.8G IF-ED to my manfrotto 290 monopod direct without using some sort of head on the monopod. Bit confused what I should be looking for. As I have seen a 1/4 to 3/8 manfrotto adapter but that seems to be the wrong way round as the adapter into the lens tripod collar is bigger not smaller. Am I being a bit thick?????

I am trying to find an adapter that will be able to connect my 200-500 or my 300mm f/2.8G IF-ED to my manfrotto 290 monopod direct without using some sort of head on the monopod. Bit confused what I should be looking for. As I have seen a 1/4 to 3/8 manfrotto adapter but that seems to be the wrong way round as the adapter into the lens tripod collar is bigger not smaller. Am I being a bit thick?????
My Gitzo monopod screws straight into the screw hole in the lens collar on all my telephoto lenses - Sure it was the same when i had Manfrotto monopods and a look online at the 290 seems to suggest that the screw at the top is reversible (1/4" and 3/8th") on yours too?

Edited to say SK66 comment is correct - there's an illustration of it in this video
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDeDyiWzNTA

Last edited:
Back