Monopods and airline flight ?

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Would like to take my Manfrotto monpod on my next flight, but have no idea if its allowed... ?

Flying with Easyjet if it matters....

TIA

Might be too long for hand baggage but will be fine in the hold. Best bet would be to ask... Easyjet!

Yeah, I thought it wouldnt go as HL, CBA to put it in the hold TBH....

The last few years I've just put my monopod in my hold baggage and there's been no problem.

I expect there are monopods that close down to a short enough length to fit in hand baggage.

Just for acuracy - will only be taking hand luggage....

Its no biggy, but would be nice to have

Then if it fits in it's no issue, if it doesn't you can understand why they wouldn't want someone with a huge stick on the plane...
However, if you're only taking hand luggage you won't have a huge lens so is the monopod really needed?
I've started travelling really light, just my 5D and 24-105 for city breaks etc, unless I specifically need a different lens for an event.

Reactions: TG.
Then if it fits in it's no issue, if it doesn't you can understand why they wouldn't want someone with a huge stick on the plane...
However, if you're only taking hand luggage you won't have a huge lens so is the monopod really needed?
I've started travelling really light, just my 5D and 24-105 for city breaks etc, unless I specifically need a different lens for an event.

Fully understand it cant be loose for sure, but wasnt sure how theyd take it when on xray...
Im taking my 70-200 2.8, so its not crucial but a luxury, I can live without it for a day Im sure.....

If what you were using was light enough you could take one of the walking sticks come monopod and just use the stick. I don't thin they would stop you taking that on.

Cheers all, Im going to let it stay at home, cba with any aggro....

Back