Monopods

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Afternoon all,

Could someone recommend me a stable monopod which is lightweight but of good build.

I've recently been doing work where i need to move around quite a bit, and fast.

I relise that on some monopods i'd need to buy a tilting head so any good recomendations would be very nice.

Cheers

Here

Here

I bought This one, its well made, plenty tall enough and won`t break the bank.....(y)

I use an old Manfrotto CF with a 234RC head and before that a 680B tucked in a belt pouch. A few things you might want to check are how much weight they are rated to take, the extended length, the closed length and how much it actually weighs.

Cheers

Nat
B->

We have just got one of these, the thing we liked was the tripod that can be setup at the bottom of the leg ........ see the picture (hard to explain).

It can take any normal head and is carbon fibre so it is very light.

http://photopal.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=39&products_id=83

We were thinking of putting a normal ball head on it but decided it was a bit of a waste of time getting a very light monopod then sticking a couple of kg head on it!

So we are just going to get a simple head to take our normal tripod quick release adaptors.

I went into my local camera shop planning to buy a Manfrotto but after a frank and open discussion with the extremely helpful sales assistant I actually bought a Velbon RUP 43, which was considerably cheaper and has proved to be an excellent purchase

Back