Monsal Weir Directions Please

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
No
I'd like to visit the weir at Monsal Dale but there are so many different locations given on Google I've no idea where to start.
Can any one please let me have directions to the weir and possibly the nearest car park?

Last edited:
Park in the car park at Monsal Head. Go 'round to the view and take the footpath that goes right and parallels the road down the hill. At the bottom you will pass a farm. A footpath follows the track left at the end of the barn toward the river and crosses a small footbridge. Follow the river downstream toward and under the viaduct, around the corner, though a stile onto the meadows. Carry on following the river downstream for another half a kilometer and you'll reach the weir. A couple of hundred meters below the weir is another footbridge that will take you to the other side of the river so you can, if you wish, shoot the weir from both sides of the river.

The weir is actually here ...

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?...archp=ids.srf&dn=815&ax=417655&ay=371460&lm=0

Thanks for all the help Chris. Unfortunately when I load the Streetmap link I can only see a blue square with no map in it. I got the same result on both my PC and an iPad.

Here you go ....

mw01.jpg

Back