Critique Mont Blanc

As you have asked for critique, I will say that the crop and composition is spot on and I wouldn't change a thing. I have been editing some snowy pictures this evening and the colour cast thing is interesting, you need to decide (probably a personal thing) how much of the blue to remove from the snow. There will be some because of reflected skylight, but equally our eyes expect it to be white. My suggestion is to lay @sk66 's edit on top of your original shot then fade the layer opacity in photoshop and see if you can reach a happy medium.

As you have asked for critique, I will say that the crop and composition is spot on and I wouldn't change a thing. I have been editing some snowy pictures this evening and the colour cast thing is interesting, you need to decide (probably a personal thing) how much of the blue to remove from the snow. There will be some because of reflected skylight, but equally our eyes expect it to be white. My suggestion is to lay @sk66 's edit on top of your original shot then fade the layer opacity in photoshop and see if you can reach a happy medium.

I agree
Somewhere inbetween is where I would be tempted to go.

That's the thing about alpine shots, it can be difficult to recreate the feeling and sights of being there with highly accurate photos as often there is haze which in tight crops takes away some of the drama, I tend to feel that adding a little pop gives the viewer a better sense of what it felt like to be there. So like the others have said, somewhere between the two versions.

From memory I really liked the B&W version when you posted it.

Back