Monte Bove

Edit My Images
Yes
A third set of shots from my trip to central Italy (first set https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/sibillini-national-park-new-edits-shots-added.637915/, second set https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/castelluccio.638158/). One of the highest mountains in the Sibillini range is Monte Bove (2169m) and I tried to get versions of a couple of shots I had seen on Flickr.

The first time we went nearby it was too foggy but I quite like this one. The tower is part of the cemetery complex near Ussita
Monte Bove 4 by Ian, on Flickr

This is a blatant near copy of the shot I saw on Flickr. I was determined to find the exact spot the shot was taken from and after much mucking about we found it. My brother actually pressed the shutter as he was agile enough to climb up a bank and hang off a branch to get the necessary angle to see the tower over the tree line.
Monte Bove 3 by Ian, on Flickr

This is the classic shot from a bit further up the road showing the ring of the mountain (Monte Bove Nord to the left, Sud to the right) and the Val di Panico leading to the even higher Monte Prioria on the extreme left.
Monte Bove 1 by Ian, on Flickr

The first is simply beautiful...I love it.

Seems I was fortunate in thiming this visit. Ussita was extremely close to the epicentre of the recent earthquakes in Italy and has been very badly damaged. I am not sure the tower in these three shots is still standing. The third shot was taken from a crossroads and the village that is just out of shot on the left is now cut off after landslides. The church there was already closed after damage from the summer earthquake so I suspect that might be ruined now.

The first is stunning but the other are good too. Not too keen on the Black and White on the 2nd though as it just seems a bit dull unless that was the look you were after!

Not too keen on the Black and White on the 2nd though as it just seems a bit dull unless that was the look you were after!

Mmm. I think I misjudged that one. It was the shot we were looking to get but without knowing the backstory it probably isn't as strong as it might be. I have tried to get a good B&W conversion but cannot. So here is a colour one instead:

1610_Ryan04_215-Edit-2 by Ian, on Flickr

Back