Moody shot

badronald

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all , I am a total noob, so harsh or even good ;) comments are all welcome.
I tried to get a fairly moody shot in very dull weather of the landscape (but failed) but captured these old lorry parts. this pic was the best I thought of a fairly dodgy lot. Rembember I am new and have to get used to all the settings ect so critise away.
cheers all :)

IMG_2782.jpg

Welcome badronald :)

The shot looks very flat and needs more contrast, the light wasn't in your favour with it being very dull.
I would be tempted to crop to get rid of some of the empty space.

If you don't mind people editing your shots to post back, tick 'image editing' in your profile ;)

Yep, the contrast could be upped a little, and as mentioned the light really didn't do any favors for you this time.
But, I am sure this location could bring some nice photos on the 'right' light. So don't give up on the place.

Not sure what else is at the scene, but could try a different angle on the shot next time?

Just my take on it (done very quicky using the low-res on-screen image):

IMG_2782.jpg

The composition is quite nice I think but as already pointed out, the light is a bit dulll, although I think that is secondary to the sky, which has very little detail in it.

If you want to boost skies on days like this either use a ND/grey grad filter (although it might just end up look muddier) or use Photoshop to comp a layered sky in, as I've done (it's from a darkened version of the original), to give it a bit more definition. This was a rush job - you can see where I've comped the shots along the roofline –*but you get the general idea.

Those trailers will definitely have some nice texture on them though that will work nicely in colour, as they'll be monochromatic with the merest hint of colour.

Good work badronald :)

hey I like that. cheers its given the bug to have another look at the same site again and take more shots. Yup , i like the better sky detail and the shadows in the trucks are more defined :)

badronald, that's by no means a very job I've done there but it's a rough idea.
If you can capture detail in the sky (shoot dark/underexposed) then at least you can mess about with it in photoshop or the like.

Look forward to seeing future results...

some scary looking gypsies were next door to this site:eek: , so didnt hang around too long for more pics :LOL:

Back