' . . . moody'?

CJS

Edit My Images
Yes
Here is a picture I have held onto for a while, its not exactly pin sharp, but the black sky and the rough sea with the angler looking ????'ish. It has something for me, minimum PS'ing. Taken with my old D100 in 2004, probably the kit 18-70 lens? Lee-on-sea, Southend in the background.

Me2rw.jpg

Anyone else see it my way, moody?

CJS

Wow, thanks, I always thought there was something there (y)
CJS

I also agree about the conversion, I also think it could do with a bigger fish. Not that that could be helped :)

Luke, mean like this: :D

11rwSmoothoundIMGP0071.jpg

:LOL: Perhaps not to be taken to seiously? . . . I often only use a cheap, very cheap P&S compact when fishing these days, this was one of those days, 'Pentax Optio S45'. Originaly bought for my Hazel, she could not get on without a view finder, in fact, I dislike it for that too, but as a tool, for snapshots, and £35, its OK to get 'fish'. :LOL:

CJS

Your plaice or mine....

:coat:

Luke, mean like this: :D

11rwSmoothoundIMGP0071.jpg

:LOL: Perhaps not to be taken to seiously? . . . I often only use a cheap, very cheap P&S compact when fishing these days, this was one of those days, 'Pentax Optio S45'. Originaly bought for my Hazel, she could not get on without a view finder, in fact, I dislike it for that too, but as a tool, for snapshots, and £35, its OK to get 'fish'. :LOL:

CJS

Ha, yeah that would of been fantastic, its still a good shot though, its just in shots like these you expect to see quite a big fish in the picture.

This is a really good example of what a good b&w conversion can do for a photo. well done!

Ha, yeah that would of been fantastic, its still a good shot though, its just in shots like these you expect to see quite a big fish in the picture.

The idea was to do exactly what it does, a big fish although good copy, would take the eye away from the expresion on the face, "weather???" . . . the sky and some nasty water. The uncroped original shows the water better but looks to much like a snapshot.

The B&W just brings it to life, thanks again Paul-S. I will come clean though, thats me in the pictures, I set them up, grabed some poor unsuspecting angler on board, and directed him to 'grovel and press this! button' :D I got quite used to this type of shot for the magazine. Set it a little wider angle, then crop to requirements, did not always work . . . some people just dont have a clue :LOL: The second 'Big fish picture' is an example, cut the top of the hat and lost the fishes tail, although, I can live with it, just.

Question, Dont know how it works, do I still clain the photograph as mine, (a self portrait?) I set it up, although I did not push the shutter release? Does any one realy care? :shrug:

CJS

Last edited:
The idea was to do exactly what it does, a big fish although good copy, would take the eye away from the expresion on the face, "weather???" . . . the sky and some nasty water. The uncroped original shows the water better but looks to much like a snapshot.

The B&W just brings it to life, thanks again Paul-S. I will come clean though, thats me in the pictures,
Question, Dont know how it works, do I still clain the photograph as mine, (a self portrait?) I set it up, although I did not push the shutter release? Does any one realy care? :shrug:

CJS

Glad to have been of help, as to the question technicly some would say no but Iknow of a few top togs who set the picture up and there assistants push the button, so whats the difference, apart from they get paid thousand of pounds to have someone else push the button..its yours in my eyes.;):D

Back