Moon eclipse at Durdle Door

The red buoy by the archway is begging for cloning.

I saw this on the way back from Glencoe by chance but I just took the d800 and 14-24 with me so didn’t bother stopping. Even if I had the longer lens I doubt I’d have stopped. It’s just not a thing that grabs me.

The shot shows the moon rise etc - and you’ve framed it in the arch nicely. Maybe a step or more to the left just to centre the moon a little more but really it’s pretty much fine.

The processing and exposure etc are fine...but you and I both know you’ve taken better pictures of more interesting things than this.

Last edited:
The red buoy by the archway is begging for cloning.

I saw this on the way back from Glencoe by chance but I just took the d800 and 14-24 with me so didn’t bother stopping. Even if I had the longer lens I doubt I’d have stopped. It’s just not a thing that grabs me.

The shot shows the moon rise etc - and you’ve framed it in the arch nicely. Maybe a step or more to the left just to centre the moon a little more but really it’s pretty much fine.

The processing and exposure etc are fine...but you and I both know you’ve taken better pictures of more interesting things than this.

Its a documentary shot so the appeal is rather different than pure aesthetics. You would be surprised how fast the moon moves through the frame. You can compose it perfectly and by the time you've shot 2 frames its way out. I am sure I have lots more, its just the first I opened that really shows the location.

Back