Moon over the water (first dusk/night long exposure attempt)

Name
Martyn
Edit My Images
Yes
After viewing many brilliant long exposure photos on here thought I'd have a go, not the best time of year to try as it was real brass monkey weather! At least it was pretty dark so no one around to watch as I tried to shuffle down a icy, mossy slope to get the tripod in position :LOL:
Well..here goes, all comments welcome.

Pitsford dusk4 by martyndt, on Flickr

Thanks for looking (y)

Well worth the 'shuffle' Martin, it's a very pleasing shot and good to get the deep blue sky rather than leaving it until the blue was lost - I would probably crop a bit off the bottom for personal taste.

Fantastic shot. Well done.

Agree about a small crop on the bottom but that's a personal taste great image works really well

Thanks everyone for the kind words.
Graham, I did take one with the moon reflected but as it was around a 30 second exposure the movement in the water made it very blurry, sadly.

Great photo, surprised there weren't comments about centering the skyline and ground. Rule of thirds n all that....

Awesome photo, very nice ill have to try this soon

Very peaceful feeling shot.....Lovely.

Very nice like the star burst on the moon. Agree about the crop which would remove the dark area and move the horizon although you can generally get away with centre horizons with reflections.

Steve

Very nice!

Back