Moon practice session

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
A little practice for the up and coming lunar eclipse on Monday morning, just dusting off the big lens and tc( 600f4 and 1.4tc) to see how they perform on the new camera. I hadn't looked out my remote but will do that in the morning to get ready and hope for a cloudless night.Moon practice 1.jpg

Last edited:
Second one looks more natural, 1st looks over processed to me.
Second one superb focus detail and exposure. You should get some cracking shots with that set-up assuming you get a shot through the clouds.

As above, I prefer the first. Much better than my practice attempts tonight, you seen to have more crater detail! Looking at yours i'm still over exposing (back off into the garden i go!).

Amazing detail

Looks like cloud cover here all night so no eclipse for me i dont think.

Where's the best place to check for cloud cover at a certain location? Don't want to get up at 3:30am for nothing.

Looks like between 96% to 98% cloud cover :eek: No point setting the alarm for that :rolleyes::(
You never know. It was forecast for cloud cover near me for the solar eclipse earlier this year, but I managed to see pretty much all of it. It only clouded over as the eclipse was ending. Only way to be sure is to get up and see it. It's also worth sticking around for a bit even if it is cloudy as you may get intervals of clear sky. You'll just feel a bit tired and will have to get an early night on Monday, which is a typical Monday as far as I am concerned...

Can anyone suggest a few settings for my Canon 60D with standard 55 250 lens, total newcomer to night time photography

Many thanks

I was searching the web earlier for advice on tonight's moon shots. One site mentioned ISO 100 for Canon and ISO 200 for Nikon. Maybe I should stop searching.

Back