Moon Rise

Dark Star

TPer Emeritus
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
A tad noisy but I had to get this tonight - the view from my cottage in Tamworth :)

rise.jpg

John, I love that image. The moon in the blue skies, offset by the sunset colours on the clouds with a tree for reference.

Thanks John :D I saw it and rushed out with the gear to capture it while the clouds were there

Verrrrrrrrrrrrry nice, I love it!

Chris

Wow - really like that :clap:

The tones in the LH cloud are superb.

Tom

This could be Middle Earth. :D

Great photo. :clap:

I like the cool transition of colours in the sky, together with the offset tree. You were right to nip out and capture this quickly. Good going. (y)

Beautiful image John. Great framing and amazing colours. The contrast between the greens of the foreground against those amazing colours in the sky make the image jump out at you :clap:

Wow thanks - I'm so pleased this one has gone down so well - not my normal style (ie not HDR, abstract architecture etc :)) Very encouraging stuff - thanks

That's great. The moon, the clouds with their colour, and even the solitary tree (something that never works for me) combine to give a top notch image. Splendid, splendid and splendid.

Blimey I'm chuffed by the reactions to this one :)

How do you make the moon look so big? Whenever i try anything like this the moon is tiny...

eeverson..

The moon always looks larger lower in the sky I believe - I was using my 200 mm for this and its not cropped by very much at all - so no trickery - just as it looked in real life!

Great capture (y)

Wow!! :) Nice capture!!!!

Excellent, I really like this shot well caught :clap:

Wow holy thread revival :D

Thanks Gary glad you like it - not seen a good moon rise round my way since :(

Back