Moon Testing

jgs001

Brian Cox
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a few test shots with my new high speed camera... I was struggling with my mount tracking last night, I forgot to level it first :bang::bang: and only realised once I'd shot the AVI's for these and the clouds had moved back in..

1) 38 fps - Clavius and surroundings
astroqhy5v_00000-PART1-38fps.jpg

2) 38 fps - 2 Mountain chains near Eratosthenes
astroqhy5v_00001-PART1-38fps.jpg

3) 53 fps - A bit closer to Clavius
astroqhy5v_00006-PART1-53fps.jpg

4) 83 fps - I was hoping for the Lunar_X but I think I was a few minutes to late by this point.
astroqhy5v_00007-PART183fps.jpg

They are all a bit noisier than I'd normally do, but I was aiming to see what framerate I could achieve so had boosted the gain higher than I normally would.

Crazy photos, that is getting in close John.

Cheers Alby... just wish I could have focused with the 5x Barlow (TC) but the mount I used isn't stable enough :D... Perhaps next time....

Amazing photos. I'm now thinking what a series of those stitched together to give a complete moon would like like. I can just imagine a stunningly detailed photograph, though no doubt it won't be as easy as I am imagining it should be.

Blimy they are close, I just tried some tonight for myself but mine aint that close or clear

Nice pics

Amazing photos. I'm now thinking what a series of those stitched together to give a complete moon would like like. I can just imagine a stunningly detailed photograph, though no doubt it won't be as easy as I am imagining it should be.

Ah... that was the plan for last night, but clouds stopped play just after I'd got setup :bang:. I can't do a mosaic with the mount I was using for these, the tracking at 1300mm (eq 11020mm) just isn't good enough.

Blimy they are close, I just tried some tonight for myself but mine aint that close or clear

Nice pics

They are shot with a telescope and a high frame rate small sensor camera. And I then combined something like 700 frames of 1000 on each.

Nice John, nothing else to say.

:D Stuart, you wanna get a webcam... I might have an SPC900 I could lend you for a few months... now I've got this. Although at some point next year, when funds allow, I'm going to LX and Amp Off mod the SPC900 and try it out for Deep Sky

Dam that close what size lens was you using? Nice pix though

Cheers... lens... nah... it's a Skymax 102, 1300mm Maksutov Cassegrain telescope.

Oo - er, fancy meeting you in 'ere young man!

Arthur

Surprise surprise ;) hiya Arthur

Back