Moooo

MattEg

TPer Emeritus
Name
Matthew Egan
Edit My Images
No
Spent the best part of a week up in Skye with the family.
What a beautiful place to visit. I will definately be going back.
Not much opertunity to take photos with being with the family, or was it not being able to drag myself out of bed early enough.

Here's one of the shots I did manage to take.
01-09-05XC7E3594%20-01.jpg

Canon 50mm f1.8, 580EX -1 EC, Stofen defuser
f8 1/125th ISO 100
RSE, PS CS

I was a bit weary about getting too close to these big cows, especially when they have very large horns and they had calves with them.
I was suprised when they didn't flinch, even when the flash fired.
Once I was confident enough I managed to get within 10ft of them and get some nice sharp images with the 50mm lens.

What are your thoughts?

nice capture of the hebridean cow!

I also love scotland, especially skye. If you do go back there are some fantastic images waiting to be taken. Only problem I've found is that it rains 85% of the time! Don't know if you visited these places, but if you do go back, Trotternish, especially the q'uirang (sp?) is beautiful, as is all around the cullin mountains in the south. I would also reccomend a visit to Elgol and getting the boat to loch Coruisk (sp? again!)

It's only reachable by boat or a 2 day hike!

If it wasn't so hard to get paying work in the highlands I'd move there tommorrow!

That is stunning Matt, sorry I can't expand on that. Well impressed.

glorius, glad you enjoyed Skye too :)

Two cows on a hillside. One says to the other "Cold today, ain't it?"

"Cold? I'm Friesian!"

:coat: :coat: :coat:

Your a brave man, or you didn't know what you were facing :shock:
I heard they can be a little dangerous to get close to.
I have some shots of them and an extra bumhole to prove it.

Thats a great shot.

very nice pic. But, the colours seem to give me the feel that it's a painting. :D

really nice Matt, damn hairy cow you found!

Thanks for commenting everyone.

Gandi, We camped just outside of Portree, so the Storr and the Quirang were not far away.
We did the Quirang walk and I do have some piccies, they need a little work as I had a lot of dust contamination.
We spent most of our time in the North of the island, as the missus wanted to see the seals at Dunvegan.

Next time we will stay for longer, and I will plan the Photography before departing for the area.
Maybe earlier in the year to catch the nesting sea birds.
I also want to try and get some shots of the white tailed eagle.

I really like that shot and can't really see anything to fault it :thumb:

Back