More 2 stobe sportraits...

Name
Iain
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, another shoot I managed to squeeze in at the weekend. Been trying to get this Elite Scots Triathlete for a while but he's been in Aus and just came back last Thursday and he's away to France this Thursday...what a life!

First one, used 2 SB's on the edge of the water, the sun was so strong that they just have an impact, forgot my shorts or I would have been in!!

Second is 2 SB's again, one facing him and one from camera point of view.

Both diffused, shot at 17 mil with D2x

As usual theres PP on both to bring out details etc more so on the 2nd. 1st one had to bring the sky out more as the water was over powering in the overall image, just balances more.

stu1.jpg

stu2.jpg

Stunning images, the suns reflection in the second is slightly distracting. My only minor crit!

2nd for me, clean, simple with impact.

First is a bit too busy, but I think it's because I'm viewing it at a (relatively) small size, poster size (or projected), then I think it will work fine.

1st shot is wow :clap::clap::clap:

no.1 is the winner there for me. it's incredibly rare that I look at shot with all processing turned up to 11 and think "WOW! I love that".

What I like about them, aside from the class shown again is that in the first one, the shape of the right hand seems to be curling, as if he is morphing into some sea creature. It adds something to me. Hard to explain, but thats what I see. Kind of it came from the deep, but in reverse.

I do remember looking at your site and liking your work for the reasons those two images remind me of :D

Both great shots Ian, but no1 best for me (y)

Agree with Diego Garci, love the stance of the triathlete.

Iain, I really like your work. Whenever I see you've posted something I always click to check it out straight away and haven't been disappointed. Would you care to share your flash set up/exp comp/etc. for these?

Back