More blue tits (includes video)

Redpaul

Suspended / Banned
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken at Oxford Island where most of the birds are incredibly friendly. I'd only switched my motorbike off 5 seconds and there were 4 blue tits and a robin on my handlebars.

Blue Tit by Paul S Wharton, on Flickr

2 Eeny meeny miney mo

Blue Tit by Paul S Wharton, on Flickr

A video of a robin and blue tit to show how tame they are.
[YOUTUBE]vpnyJy3Hlbc[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks for looking,
Paul

Last edited:
Good work Paul, love the vid :) I had to do a search for Oxford Island just to make sure it was not in the Oxford area, and it was not :( Pity as it looks like a wonderful little place, certainly lots of educational stuff for all to do. Keep sending them in.

Thanks for the comments folks.
Rich you've probably already read about Oxford Island as you've Googled it but I'll give a bit of info anyway.
For starters it's not actually an island!

Oxford Island, the National Nature Reserve offers excellent opportunities for people to get close to nature. It is a peninsula today but was an island prior to 1850's before the Lough was successively lowered to prevent Winter flooding of surrounding farmland.
The reserve consists of 109 ha with 8 km of walks and nature trails accessible in all seasons, five bird watching hides, picnic areas, a paddling pool and children's play area. The richness of the wildflower meadows, woodlands, shoreline and open water means that there is always something special to see.

Paul

Back